is a law firm capable of dealing with all sports-related legal issues of the Clubs on international level: from advising on particularities of employment contracts till the representation in complex arbitration disputes.
Clubs benefit from our sound understanding of both the sporting markets and the dynamics of the relationship between individuals, their clubs, associations and bodies.
lawyers have a strong expertise in representing Clubs before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne, Switzerland, before different organs and committees of FIFA and UEFA, at Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (FIBA) and other judicial bodies of various sport federations.
We are ready to promptly deal with the Club’s needs and become involved in the proceedings whenever necessary. In particular, GoldenGate
represents Clubs in the following disputes:
- Club vs Club arising out of transfer agreements, including non-payment of the transfer fee and “sell-on” fee
- Club vs Club regarding training compensation and solidarity contribution
- Club vs Player/Coach, resolving employment-related disputes and assisting Clubs to obtain compensation for premature termination of the employment contract by player/coach or avoid its payment by the Club
- Club vs Agent/Intermediary/Sport agency
- Club vs FIFA/UEFA/National Association, dealing with a number of issues, including disciplinary sanctions imposed on the players, eligibility, compliance with UEFA licensing system and Financial Fair Play, enforcement of FIFA decisions and CAS awards, issues regarding match-fixing and strict liability, etc.
Besides obtaining decision or arbitral award in favour of the Club, GoldenGate
makes sure it is complied with by losing party, assisting to the Club during enforcement proceedings.
Transfer policy and other issues
assists Club in issues of transfer policy, drafting legally correct transfer contracts, preserving interests of the Client and avoiding possible abuse from other Clubs, conducts negotiation process, advice on particularities and possible pitfalls that may arise only afterwards.
is also capable of providing legal advice and services regarding the following issues:
- FIFA Transfer Matching System (TMS)
- UEFA License and Financial Fair Play
- international transfer of the minors
- obtaining work permit for the international players
- tax optimisation
- legal audit for clubs, including entitlement for training and solidarity compensation
- doping-related issues of the players
Although our services for clubs are mostly directed towards football sphere, international disputes, transfers and other legal issues are pertinent to other types of sports and GoldenGate
would be glad to assist non-football clubs as well.
The main concern of the clubs is to win.
GoldenGate will take care about the rest!