Main priority of any athlete, player or coach is to perform to the highest standard. He or she does not need to be interrupted by dealing with routine legal or commercial issues. Experts from GoldenGate
take care about all legal needs of its Clients in a most convenient and flexible way.
We know what our Clients need, what their best interest is, and how to protect Clients’ rights on all stages of their career: whether they have just started their career, already became established sportsmen or are heading towards the end of it.
lawyers have a strong expertise in representing athletes, players and coaches before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne, Switzerland, before different organs and committees of FIFA and UEFA, at Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (FIBA) and other judicial bodies of various sport federations.
Before getting into the dispute, GoldenGate’s lawyers always provide its Clients with professional advice and preliminary assessment of the case, explaining the risks and possible pitfalls.
Our main concern is not to make money – first and above all we care about our Clients, their career and consequences of our legal advice.
We are ready to deal with the Client’s needs 24/7 and become involved in the proceedings whenever necessary. In particular, GoldenGate
represents athletes, players and coaches in the following disputes:
- Player/Coach vs Club arising out of employment contract, including salary repayment, compensation for breach of the contract by Club and termination of the contract
- Player/Coach vs Agent/Intermediary/Agency, dealing with exclusivity clauses, payment of representation fee, performance of representation contract by Agent
- Coach vs National Association regarding employment-related disputes
- Athlete/Player vs National or International sporting bodies, dealing with disciplinary sanctions, doping and eligibility
- disputes regarding sponsorship agreements and exploitation of image rights
- disputes involving athlete’s personal matters, protection of reputation, discrimination, injury claims, etc.
Apart from obtaining decision or arbitral award, GoldenGate
makes sure it is complied with by losing party, assisting to the Client during enforcement proceedings worldwide.
Career development and personal legal services
Apart from representation of the Clients in the disputes, GoldenGate's
lawyers constantly advise and consult athletes, players and coaches on different sports-related legal and business matters, take part in negotiation process, providing the following services:
- negotiation and drafting individual employment contracts with clubs, national associations
- consultations regarding transfers of players
- immigration matters, visa, working permit
- negotiation and drafting representation contracts with agents/intermediaries
- advice on exploitation of image rights
- negotiation and drafting sponsorship contracts
- advice in development of personal career (preparation of a professional strategy that consists of choosing the country in which the athlete will be established, the city, the club, transfer of athlete’s family, choice of school for their children, lifestyle, psychologist, and administrative issues related to immigration)
- tax optimisation and planning, change of tax residency
- establishment and management of companies
- reputation management
- advise on personal investments
- conducting activity on behalf of the players/athletes in social networks
The main concern of the athlete is to win.
GoldenGate will take care about the rest!