provides legal services to all stakeholders in sports industry, including sports governing bodies, investment funds and event organisers.
Effective regulation is essential to all types of sports. Our profound knowledge of CAS jurisprudence, statutes, rules and regulations of international sporting bodies, understanding of how they work on practise, allows us to draft rules and regulations for national associations and leagues and advise them on structural and governance issues.
Moreover, being law firm directed towards resolving disputes, GoldenGate
represents national associations and sporting bodies before CAS, FIFA and UEFA bodies and committees. We deal on behalf of sporting bodies with a variety of legal issues, starting from disciplinary sanctions of the national team players and eligibility issues to involvement in complex issues on match-fixing, sanctions on associations, strict liability, etc.
National football associations benefit from our services in relation to obtaining training compensation and solidarity contributions from the clubs, due according to the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players (please see more detailed information).
Giving to every Client and its case special attention, lawyers from GoldenGate
are capable of:
- drawing up statutes, rules, articles of associations, disciplinary codes, regulations, other supporting documents
- reviewing and analysing existing regulations for compliance with international standards
- acting on behalf of sporting bodies before dispute resolution bodies regarding employment disputes with coaches, issues of match-fixing, strict liability, sanctions from FIFA, UEFA and other sporting bodies, eligibility issues, selection for Olympic Games, doping cases, disputes related to the application of regulations adopted by a sport federation
- obtaining training compensation and solidarity contributions for national football associations
- advicing on implementation of anti-doping rules, including World Anti-Doping Code, International Standards and other technical documents issued by the World Anti-Doping Agency
- providing comprehensive legal advice to sports organisations in support of their daily business (e.g. labour law and social security, intellectual property, rental of office space, procurement, contracts, and organisational issues), conducting communication with international governing bodies
- advicing on sponsorship agreements, commercial contracts, merchandising, brands, ambush marketing
- advicing on tax matters (withholdings, taxation of athletes’ compensation, taxation of sponsors)
lawyers also provide legal services for Investment Funds, advising on how to implement business into sport.