Nowadays sporting agents take an essential part in negotiation process between players and clubs. Although many of them have legal background, sometimes for some complex and delicate issues involvement of experienced lawyers with expertise in particularities of certain legal aspects is necessary and inevitable. Therefore, GoldenGate's
lawyers advise constantly and provide with legal support many agents and their clients.
We understand the special aspects of transfer business, relations between clubs/players and agents, variety of problems with which they may be faced, and how these problems should be resolved. Moreover, being aware of how statutes and regulations of sports governing bodies apply in practice and knowing the jurisprudence of judicial organs of these bodies, lawyers of GoldenGate
help its Clients to prevent possible disputes and to avoid additional expenses from the very beginning by drafting legally correct contracts.
Giving to every Client and its case special attention, lawyers from GoldenGate
are capable of:
- representing agents in disputes against players or clubs
- consulting, negotiating and drafting representation contracts for the agents
- representing agent’s clients before CAS, FIFA, BAT and other sports dispute resolution bodies
- consulting, negotiating and drafting employment and transfer contracts, assisting agents with transfers
- advising on particularities of concrete transfer, ways how it can be structured for the benefit of all parties involved
- instructing agents regarding taxation, exploitation of image rights, and their practical implementation
- providing legal advice on financial and corporate aspects of agency business, on establishment and management of agency companies
- advising agents on personal investments
The main concern of the agent is to negotiate the best deals.
GoldenGate will take care about the rest!