The European Convention of Human Rights – Ukraine is a party thereto since 11 September 1997 – implied on the contracting states obligations to respect and protect human rights.
Recently, the number of complaints filed by Ukrainian citizens to the European Court of Human Rights has been drastically increased due to the obvious reasons which exist in the Ukrainian judicial system.
The European Convention of Human Rights provides everyone with an effective mechanism for protecting the inalienable rights violated by a treaty country. The European Convention of Human Rights is a unique institution where every person whether it is an individual, a legal entity or even a group of people may apply for protection of violated rights and interest against the state, where such violation has taken place.
Preparation for an application and legal representation at the European Court of Human Rights is hard and responsible work and requires professional knowledge, European way of thinking and full understanding of existing practice and approaches adopted in the previous Court’s decisions.
Our lawyers are skilled professionals in different fields of law, who have been studying at the leading universities in Ukraine and other European countries. Their legal practice and professional experience, business connections with foreign lawyers and fluent proficiency in the European languages allow the provision of the high-quality services to our Clients, including the sphere of human rights’ protection at the European Court of Human Rights.
actively provides legal assistance in the preparation of applications, professional advice and representation of individuals and legal entities in the European Court of Human Rights at all stages of the process.
Giving to every Client and its case special attention, lawyers from GoldenGate
are capable of:
- establishing the grounds for application to the European Court of Human Rights
- studying existing practice and approaches adopted in the previous Court’s decisions, that are similar in the concrete case circumstances
- qualifying the violation within the terms and interpretation of the Conventional provisions and propose possible types and amounts of fair compensation to be claimed in the Court
- drawing up and filing the application with the European Court of Human Rights
- conducting communication with the European Court of Human Rights with further possibility to prepare the reply to the Country’s legal objections
- enforcing the judgment rendered by the European Court of Human Rights in the national jurisdiction
- providing the legal advice regarding any stage of the application process
In the process of this work, we rely on the vast experience, creative approach, as well as professional skills of our lawyers.
We hope our expertise and qualifications might become an effective instrument to restore the justice and recover the damages caused by unlawful actions and violations of the states towards its innocent citizens.