Corporate law practice is a key practice of GoldenGate
. Our goal is to help our Clients resolve business tasks in specific projects in the best possible way for our Clients. Experience and knowledge of our lawyers in this field is very extensive and widely applicable in other areas. We play an important role for the successful implementation of mergers and acquisitions, competent of a corporate reorganisation, build effective relationships through joint ventures, make informed decisions on the basis of legal audits, optimisation of holding structures, enhance corporate "transparency" in order to attract investors to the capital markets.
has considerable experience in the organisational and legal support for transactions of public and private placement of securities, advising on restructuring projects, the financial recovery of companies and structuring of venture capital and investment transactions. We provide our Clients with legal support on issues arising within the framework of operations, as well as accompany complex international projects, including using multiple jurisdictions.
Advice of our lawyers enable our Clients to improve their handling of controlled companies, minimise risks, optimize taxation and increase capitalisation.
Maintenance of legal entities
lawyers render advisory services and comprehensive legal support in various aspects of the business of companies relating to corporate law. We assist our Clients in connection with audits, negotiations and transaction structuring and draft project documentation. For compliance with procedural requirements that guarantee the exercise of the rights and lawful interests of shareholders, we provide with an assistance of a “corporate secretary”, performing the following functions:
- monitoring and support of all actions of a legal entity; drafting of in-house documents and regulations
- call, organisation and holding of annual and extraordinary shareholders’ meetings
- representation of Client’s interests in relations with other participants (shareholders, partners)
Corporate governance is key to increase the cost-effectiveness of a company. Appropriate corporate governance increases the investment attractiveness of the company and facilitates its stable development.
We assist our Clients promptly build a multifunctional team of experts that will effectively work on any project of any complexity. In this sphere we provide the following services:
- review of existing structures for compliance with regulatory requirements
- analysis of the efficiency and transparency of corporate governance and holding structures
- development of new management and ownership models
- review of compliance with statutory requirements
- development of various management models for non-profit organisations
- elaboration of recommendations on how to settle corporate conflicts
Corporate governance also implies timely disclosure of reliable information about all material aspects of a corporation’s business. Our lawyers help our Clients to:
Reorganisation and restructuring
- register amendments into the Unified State Register Entities
- prepare reports on the company’s activities
- monitor the company’s actions and advise on the mandatory disclosure of information
Owners of Ukrainian companies, holding companies and large corporations explore overseas markets in search of new business opportunities, trying to match the current market trends. Therefore, legal assistance on the top level regarding the restructuring of the business plays an increasingly important role.
A significant amount of our practice work is devoted for the construction and optimisation of holding companies and corporate groups. We help our Clients to analyse the structure of their business and to develop tools that allow them to improve the manageability of controlled companies, minimise the business and other risks, optimise taxation, increase the capitalisation of the company in order to attract strategic and portfolio investors. In particular, GoldenGate
deals with the following issues:
Securities and capital markets
- formation and restructuring of joint ventures, holding companies and company groups
- restructuring of the loss-making assets of banks and other entities
- reorganisation of companies and groups of companies for preparation for entry to the debt and equity markets
- performance of various types of reorganisation and restructuring to establish transparent and optimal corporate structures
- formation of legal entities: limited liability companies, joint-stock companies and partnerships, and also the registration of the representative offices, branches and standalone subdivisions
- provision of legal support when creating non-profit organisations: funds, associations, partnerships
- restructuring and liquidation of companies: mergers, takeovers, divisions, sections
- legal assistance to representative offices and branches of foreign legal entities in connection with the receipt of and extension of their accreditations
- closure and cancellation of the tax registrations of representative offices and branches of foreign legal entities
lawyers provide comprehensive support for various ongoing business issues, including legal support for the issue of securities:
Support for investment projects and M&A transactions
- support for initial and secondary issues of shares
- support for bond issues
- assistance with share placings on stock exchanges
We offer the full range of legal services at all stages of implementing an investment project and also integrated legal support for various ongoing business issues arising after project completion.
has significant experience of supporting projects relating to mergers and acquisitions of companies. We offer our Clients a full range of services relating to the preparation and performance of such transactions, including legal due diligence, advice on transaction structuring, support for the conclusion of transactions and their performance.
Our developed methods of fulfilling transactions enable us to protect the interests of our Clients irrespective of their role in an M&A project.
- advice on transaction structuring
- restructuring of transaction targets
- organisation and preparation of a Client’s information materials (data room) on the sale of a business for consideration by other advisers
- advice on tax issues when performing M&A transactions
- advice within the scope of antimonopoly law
- support for M&A transactions, including the full transfer of company management to the acquirer
- representation of a Client’s interests in negotiations with other parties to a transaction
- drafting and preparation of all transaction documents
- preparation of legal opinions in respect of various legal aspects of planned or concluded transactions