is rapidly building a strong domestic and international arbitration practice, led by a team of highly experienced lawyers from both the continental civil law and common law traditions. This diversified team of lawyers from a variety of legal backgrounds enables GoldenGate
to deploy devoted teams of lawyers having the skills best suited to serve our Clients' needs depending on the arbitration forum in question and with an extremely high level of partner involvement.
We are not a litigation firm that also does arbitration. Our Team spends a majority of its practice on international arbitration matters and related cases. The depth of our arbitration team‘s experience is one of the greatest advantages which GoldenGate
offers to its Clients.
We act as counsel, advice and guide the Client on all stages of international arbitration proceedings: from performing preliminary assessments of the case to enforcing the award in national courts all over the world. We are ready to promptly deal with the Clients’ needs and become involved in the proceedings whenever necessary.
provides for its Clients full range of services, related to the international arbitration proceedings, including:
- structuring arbitration clauses in complex international transactions
- drawing up and negotiating arbitration clauses and agreements
- providing pre-arbitration advice
- negotiating dispute settlement
- negotiating and drawing up settlement agreements
- analysis of the dispute between the parties
- formulation of a dispute resolution strategy
- providing advice regarding choice of arbitration forum and best suitable arbitration rules, choice of applicable law
- conducting arbitration proceedings
- the day-to-day management of the dispute
- providing expert opinions on law issues from Ukraine, Russian Federation, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Switzerland, Venezuela, Spain and Ecuador
- actions to challenge the award
- actions related to the enforcement and recognition proceedings in national courts all over the world
represents clients in ad hoc and the world‘s leading institutional arbitration proceedings seated anywhere in the world and involving disputes governed by any national law, including the following:
- Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC)
- Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS)
- FIBA Arbitral Tribunal (FAT)
- International Chamber of Commerce, Court of Arbitration (ICC)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA)
- International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Ukraine (ICAC- Ukraine)
- Maritime Arbitration Commission at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Ukraine (MAC-Ukraine)
- International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation (ICAC-Russia)
- Maritime Arbitration Commission at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation (MAC-Russia)
- American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- GAFTA and FOSFA
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
- International Arbitral Center of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber
- Swiss Chambers’ Court of Arbitration and Mediation
- International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
brings the kind of added value to the arbitration. As an example, we are able to provide the following unique services:
- Guidance on choosing a tribunal. Our firm maintains research on potential arbitrators, and our lawyers have experience with many of the world‘s best known arbitrators.
- Private international law (conflicts of law) expertise as well as in-depth knowledge of arbitral procedure. Our practitioners understand in considerable detail the rules, best practices (including the unwritten ones) and approaches which are often used in the multicultural setting of international arbitration. Whereas most law firms are guided by their knowledge of domestic practice, the lawyers of GoldenGate are well versed in the unique procedures commonly employed in international arbitration.
- Effective oral representation before international tribunals. This is an important skill set and it is one of the unique advantages which our firm has to offer. We have an experienced team of practitioners who regularly appear in hearings before tribunals in jurisdictions around the world, and know how to conduct witness examinations effectively and present oral argument in international arbitration.
See also Ancillary Services for Law Firms